Sunday, December 5, 2010

New York

New York as seen through a disposable camera.
Yes, I have a fancy digital camera which takes fine photos. But I miss the tangible product that one once received after taking photos. And so, before I left for New York back in October, I purchased two disposable cameras. My vision was that these photos would come out having a vintage and/or grainy quality.
So throughout my trip to New York I haphazardly took photos. I love to snap pictures, but I also feel slightly embarrassed when in action, so all my pictures are normally rushed and definitely not planned.
These are my favorite results. I have to say they came out just as I had hoped.



A cobblestone street in SoHo

A Vespa in SoHo.

Standing on the El platform at Astoria Blvd waiting for the N train.
Click on the photo to view it in full size, you can see the Hell Gate Bridge amongst the trees and apartment buildings.
The Hell Gate Bridge is definitely my favorite New York landmark.


Rachel and I went to Le Bain, the rooftop club at The Standard hotel.
This was the stairwell which led you from the bar to the roof.



Now I've been taking pictures throughout Florida with my second disposable camera. I've learned a from a bunch of mistakes that I made with this first camera, so I've been paying more attention and hopefully I'll have even more photos which I think are worthy of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment